New Lounger
    Thanks

Mouse Button Settings (Office XP sp2)

I have a strange problem. One of my users has switched her mouse buttons in the Win98 control panel. The left button on the mouse will bring up the contextual menu and the right button will perform normal click functions (she is left handed). I recently upgraded her to Office XP Pro from Office 2000 Pro. Now, when she opens Excel, Word or Outlook the mouse buttons revert back to the default settings. When she quits Office XP however her mouse buttons go back to being left-handed. It didn't do this in Office 2000. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mouse Button Settings (Office XP sp2)

Seemly "Close all programs running on your computer before installation" means also "set mouse buttons back to default". I never saw this problem - thanks for your information.

Try to install new mouse driver from IntelliPoint 4.01 Mouse Driver for Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0, and Windows Me. Do not forget switch mouse buttons back to default before installation! Choose "IntelliPoint" or "Wheel" mouse - it will not harm your computer, if you have regular PS/2 mouse (two-button). After installation completed, reboot and change buttons to left-handed (you must change buttons separately: left to "richt-click" and right to "click"). Please inform if it solves the problem.