2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

formula returns '' (97+)

I have a date formula starting in column A1 and ending in A31--the formula outputs day of month. For months with less than 31 days the formula outputs to "". When I use
    "lrows = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("a65536").End(xlUp).Row " to get the last row containing data for proccesing if "" exist they are taken into account as regular data and therefore the lrows value is "incorrect". I have gotten around this by extra coding and looking for "" and subtracting from "lrows" but I am sure there is a more elegant way.
    BTW I don't want to lose the formula in cells containing "" if user saves file. ---ie if same saved file is opened in new month correct number of days shall appear in column "A".
    TIA.
    Smbs

Thanks

Re: formula returns '' (97+)

If the NumRows (to distinguish between the lastrow) is important to processing, why not calc this more directly by either COUNTing the values in col A (I assume there are no blanks within Col A data, just at the end.

In your processing code, you could also keep your lrow designation and instead of accounting for blank rows in the lrow value, just use an IF to process ONLY when cell.value, range(x,1).value, however you do it does not equal a null.

Steve

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Yuu could try something like

lrows = [A1].Offset(DateAdd("M", 1, [A1]) - [A1] - 1, 0).Row

Andrew C

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanx for quick responses--will try them out
    Smbs