Star Lounger
    Thanks

Networking calendars (2000)

On my home network, how can I view a calendar in MS Outlook on a networked computer. When clicking on the outlook in the networked computer, I still get the calendar on the host's computer
    Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Networking calendars (2000)

I sorry, but I don't understand what you're asking to do. It sounds like you have two different installations of Outlook. No matter which PC you are at you see the same mailbox/account (inbox, calendar, contacts, etc.) This isn't what you want?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Each computer had MS Outlook installed, but I want to seen the Outlook calendar on other networked computers. How do I do that?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If you're running Exchange on your home network - not likely, but possible, then you need to have Outlook installed in Corporate/Workgroup mode. You then have several options: 1) set up the profile on the other computers to open the account you want. 2) Use File Menu | Open | Other Users Folder. 3) add the mailbox you're interested in to your folder list.

If you are not on Exchange you have fewer options. 1) On the other PCs you can point the primary store to the pst file used by the main computer. Probably not a good idea for lots of reasons. The main one is that the primary pst/delivery point can be opened by only one computer at a time. 2) publish the main calendar to a web and view it from the others. 3) Use net folders to synchronize calendar activities between installations of Outlook. Net folders is problematic too. Buggy. Plus it was dropped from OLXP.

I can't think of any other options; perhaps someone else can?