New Lounger
    Thanks

Switchboard (2000 9.0.3821 SR-1)

My switchboard wouldn't work on a new database after trying to add some navigation buttons. (They didn't work either). I deleted the switchboard thinking I could build another but it appears that that was a naive assumption on my part. I've created a second database and imported all the forms, tables, reports and queries from the original and see my "Switchboard Items" in the forms group. I've set the "Main Menu" as default and hidden all the other items yet when I try to set the Switchboard as the Start Up form it doesn't appear. Typing the name in gives me an error message that the name "Switchboard" is misspelled or doesn't exist. Is it hopeless or can this be fixed?

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Switchboard (2000 9.0.3821 SR-1)

There are two parts to the switchboard: a table named Switchboard Items and a form named Switchboard. If you want to get rid of the switchboard, or if you want to create a new one from scratch, you must delete both. If you want to copy an existing switchboard to another database, you must import both into the other database. It seems strange that Switchboard Items would be listed in Forms; it should be in Tables. If you really have a form named Switchboard Items, you should rename it to Switchboard, but if there is no table named Switchboard Items, it's useless. In that case, I would delete it and create a new switchboard; that shouldn't be a problem if there is no table Switchboard Items and no form Switchboard.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Are you sure you're seeing Switchboard Items in the forms group? That is the name of the table that the Switchboard manager creates, not the form. Try opening the switchboard manager in your new database. It should be able to use the existing table to build a switchboard. The alternative is to delete the Switchboard Items table and then run the Switchboard Manager, which should create a new switchboard and a new Switchboard Items table.

As far as navigation buttons go, I don't understand what you're talking about. The switchboard created with the manager is a table driven form that uses Switchboard Items to popuplate each "page" of the switchboard using unbound command buttons and labels. If you add some other kinds of buttons, you need to provide the code to make them work.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. You were both right. The "Switchboard" Items was a table. I deleted it and the Switchboard Manager started me off with a new one. Thanks again.