New Lounger
    Thanks

Delegate Access (2000)

We're using Outlook 2000 with Exchange and Windows 2000. When Delegate Access has been set up, the delegate can then gain access to folders such as Calendar, Inbox, etc, by selecting File, Open, Other User's Folder. Once this folder has been opened once, the folder will appear at the bottom of the File, Open menu to enable quicker access. My question is how do you remove these items from the bottom of the File, Open menu? ie if a person no longer requires access, the delegate access can be removed but there doesn't seem to be a simple way of removing the entry from the File, Open menu.

Previously we used Windows 98 and then the entry used to disappear every time Outlook restarted. However, with Windows 2000 the entries are retained which is good. However, it would be nice to be able to clean the list up if required.

Thanks

Ruth

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Delegate Access (2000)

I am replying to my own question as I have found the answer and it may help someone else.

The list I'm wanting to modify is the "Open Other Users Folder Most Recently Used List" and it needs to be done via the Windows Registry. The method can be found at this site http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288570 . Unfortunately you can't modify the list. You can only delete it entirely then recreate with entries that you still need. However, that still will help clean up the list.

Ruth