New Lounger
    Thanks

merging to Rolladex type file cards (Word XP Professional)

In the good old days of Winword (& WP), I was able to merge name/address data files to Rolladex type cards for printing/filing. This facility seems to have disappeared in the 'all singing, all dancing' XP version. How do I go about this now - if neccessary I will have to ditch the rotary cards and start again using plain 6 x 4s. Presume the Merge Wizard will let me do them? Do these count as 'envelopes' or 'directory' All seems much more complicated for my tired old brain (LOL)
    Bless you, children for any help.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: merging to Rolladex type file cards (Word XP Professional)

The basic process is to start the Mail Merge wizard under Tools/Letters and Mailings, and tell it you want to do "Labels" and then choose the appropriate "Avery Standard" label that says Rotary Card by clicking the <font color=blue>Label options</font color=blue> in the Mail Merge wizard task bar. For example, Avery Standard Lael 5385 is a 4" by 2.17" Rotary Card. Lots of people have mixed emotions about the new Mail Merge process.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your help. I never thought of looking under labels, cards always used to be in the page setup paper/stationery part. I can't honestly say I like the new Word XP merge system. Whoever designed that 'wizard' should be shot - the old method was so much more simple. I shall carry on doing merges via tables as previous and b---er Mr Gate's wizards

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Since you liked the old method, <!profile=KB MacKenzie>KB MacKenzie<!/profile> dug out a way of turning on the old Mail Merge Helper in XP in <post#=210761>post 210761</post#>.
    Wendell