3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Field Fill-In (Word 2002)

In Word 2000 I created templates using the Fill-In field command. I would say Insert / Field / Field names: Fill-In / Field codes: FILLIN I would enter something like "Enter Recipient": for a To: field in a template I was creating. I would save document as a template. When I open the template a Prompt Box would open and I entered the data in the prompt box. Then It would go into the document when I finished entering everything in all the prompt boxes. I tried this I Word 2002 and I'm having a problem. I say Insert / Field / Field Name I select Fill-In. Field properties prompt I enter Enter Recipient. I press OK and the prompt box, I select OK and save as a template. When I open Template, I don't get the prompt box. What am I doing wrong??

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Field Fill-In (Word 2002)

Hi there,

I may well be wrong about this but I thought that if a template had a fill-in field, the field would activate automatically when a new document based on the template was created not when the template itself was opened. Could this be the problem?

Regards.

Ed

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Field Fill-In (Word 2002)

It sounds as if you are doing this correctly. When you select Insert > Field > a pop up box opens and if you select field codes at the bottom you can then select fill in and then enter your prompt or you instead of selecting field codes you can just follow the wizard. I have attached a screen shot of it done both ways. As soon as you close the box and say ok your prompt box should open and then you can either protect the form or not and save it as a template and then when you re-open a doc based on that template your fill in field will appear. Try it again.
    Attached Files Attached Files