Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Explorer Refresh (Win XPP)
2003-02-04, 22:03 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2001
- Dallas, Texas, USA
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Explorer Refresh (Win XPP)
After clicking "refresh", closing and reopening Explorer, opening and reclosing the CD drive cradle: Still can't get explorer to show that the contents of the drive has changed.
Even when I click the drive in the left-pane, it will show the correct contents of the CD on the right, but it will not update the title of the CD - it just continues to show: "SP Conference", which is the CD that was in the drive earlier today.
It seems that when I open the drive door and then close it again, Explorer should recognize that the disc has changed and update the information accordingly. Did I miss a setting somewhere or is this normal behavior?- Ricky
2003-02-08, 14:22 #2
- Join Date
- Feb 2003
- Wardrobe Malfunction Junction, Derry
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Explorer Refresh (Win XPP)
These may help.
1) Restore CD/DVD Drives to Explorer. Click "Win XP Fixes" on the left task pane; then 4th item down right column.
2) Clean cd-rom; ck. allignment. You could have a dirty lens.
3) 321641How to Troubleshoot Issues With Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD Disks.