2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Autocomplete (OL2002)

After upgrading to Office XP, when I now address an email and only type part of the recipients name OL2000 would previously attempt to autocomplete the email address and show a list of recipients.

OL2002 now shows a list of recipients with a 2nd entry for their fax.
    i.e.
    bgates@hotmail.com
    bgates@123 446 789

Does anyone know if there is an option to turn off the display of names with fax numbers and only show contacts that have an email address?

Thanks
    Neville Wenban

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Autocomplete (OL2002)

In XP if you are using Contacts as your only address source, this is default behavior. See <post#=209062>post 209062</post#> and read the link to the MSKB (the rest of the discussion may be interesting, if confusing).
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    [acronym title="Gday mate!"][/acronym] [acronym title="What up Dude?"][/acronym] UTC -7±DS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Autocomplete (OL2002)

My problem is related. I'm using Zetafax for sending faxes. It calls up Outlook's Select Name screen to get the fax number. My OL Select Name screen lists a contact as many times as it has e-mail addresses and fax numbers for that contact (eg, a contact with one e-mail and one fax is listed twice). Usually the first name listing is the e-mail address and the second is the fax number but I only know for certain when I select a name and the name and address appears on the right half of the screen. The Zetafax guide shows the OL Select Name names with the address description on the left half of the sceen eg, John Doe (Email), John Doe (Fax) but my screen doesn't. Is there a way to make my screen do so?