Thanks

IE Favorites Management (1) (221619) was moved to the Internet Explorer board

The thread entitled IE Favorites Management (1)
    can now be found here.
    Reason: I think a wider response will be obtained in the IE Forum.

Original post:
    I want to manage Favorites lists from several sources. The Favorites list contains multiple sub-folders (taxonomy). I want to compare two lists and update one list. Off-the-shelf offerings do not do the job.
    An Access program would work if I could get to information in the Favorite entry such as change date or URL. Suggestions and recommendations are welcomed.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IE Favorites Management (1) (221619) was moved to the Internet Explore

Appreciate wider exposure. My question is technical in nature and specific to MS Access. Using DAO and Input I have been able to obtain some Favorites entry information but not change date or URL.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

We really need a few more details to determine if what you are trying to do will work. Are you trying to actually update the favorites files that are maintained by various applications, or are you trying to actually move the favorites function to Access? In addition is this on a specific PC, or are you trying to work across multiple PCs for a user that roams? Finally what version of Access are you trying this with?
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks

Consider this as synchronization of favorites lists created mainly by the same user on different machines. None of these favorites are created or maintained by apps. An Access database image of an IE export file from other machine is compared against the image of the host machine favorites. The user can decide which of the differences should be used to update the host favorites list. Access 2002 (XP) is used.