New Lounger
    Thanks

Extracting IE URL's with Visual C++ 6

I hope this is the correct spot for this post.

I'm currently working on a small application using Visual Studio 6/C++. I need to find a way to find all currently-active IE windows and get the URL from each.

I'm fairly certain I can do the first part using GetWindow retrievals for the various handles and titles, but I'm not sure how to extract the URL's. If anyone can help, I'd much appreciate it.

TIA

Thanks

Re: Extracting IE URL's with Visual C++ 6

Using the WebBrowser object you can GetObject one of the windows, but I don't know how you can get the others that way. Always seemed like a dead end. I would love to have an answer. If no one responds here, I'll move this to the VB/VBA board and see if there's any inspiration there.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Extracting IE URL's with Visual C++ 6

FYI, I finally found a way through a lot of trial and error with C++. The main issue is that I need to get the address of browser windows *not* instanced using the web browser object.

For those that are interested, the basic method is this:
    1) start with the root of the process tree via GetDesktop Window()
    2) using a loop, use GetWindow () to get each child of the desktop, then use GetClassName() for the window you find .. do a strcmp() to find if it's a IE browser object (all IE browser objects have a class name of IEFrame)
    3)if so, you can step down *that* thread via GetWindowEx(); to the edit control for the address window and use SendMessage with 2nd parameter = WM_GETTEXT to retrieve the text from that window.

*goes back to beating my head against MFC's*