Star Lounger
    Thanks

Fine red dots (XP)

Recently fine red dots have begun appearing under words in many documents. There are no dots under spaces. I assume that there is some setting which is control of this phenomenon but I can't find it. A document with dots opened in Word 2000 does not show the dots.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks

Re: Fine red dots (XP)

If you press Shift+F1 and click on some of this under-dotted text, what does the list say under Font Formatting? (Actually, I don't know how Word 2002 display this; it's the "What's This" help I'm looking for.)

Thanks

Oh wait, could this be the "smart tags" feature? If you hover your mouse over the under-dotted words, does Word show any links or helpful tooltips of any kind?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, thanks, its SmartTags. In some of my documents every word has got tagged. I think it's to do with a context dictionary that I installed last week, IFinger. Clearly I've got to find out more about how to manage Smart Tags, I see there's a lot in the Help File so I'm ok on my own now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. (btw, I said red dots but I note the Help File describeds them as purple.)