3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print all open files (Excel 2002)

I forget the shortcut to print all open files in Excel? I tried searching but didn't find anything.

thanks

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print all open files (Excel 2002)

I don't know of a way to do that without a macro. If you would like a macro, we would need a little more information. Do you want to print all open workbooks, including any hidden workbooks like Personal.xls? Do you want to print all worksheets in the workbooks, or just the active sheet?
    Legare Coleman

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I thought there was an easy way. I need to print all open workbooks. In this case, it is just one active sheet in each workbook.

Thank you so much.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you are printing a single workbook, the File/Print... dialog has options to select whether you want to print the active worksheet, all selected worksheets or the entire workbook.
    Like Legare, I am not aware of a built-in option to print all open workbooks. The following short macro will loop through all windows, and print those that are visible:

Sub PrintAllOpenWindows()
    Dim win As Window
    For Each win In Windows
    If win.Visible Then
    win.PrintOut
    End If
    Next win
    Set win = Nothing
    End Sub

If you want to use this often, place the macro in your Personal.xls workbook; you can assign it to a keyboard shortcut or custom toolbar button if you like. See Legare's <!post=Personal.xls Tutorial,118382>Personal.xls Tutorial<!/post> if you don't know how to use Personal.xls.