New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Express (OE 6)

Sometimes on receiving E-Mail I get this error message on attachments: OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: Attachment (Preview document).jpg Is there a way to adjust the settings to avoid to avoid this error message. I think I do get the attachment, because there is a picture in the body of the E-Mail message. I'm confused?

Thanks

Re: Outlook Express (OE 6)

Hi, tigercat ~

Try checking out this post.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Tigercat--
    Tools>Options>Security Tab>Uncheck option for restricting acess to attachments>Apply>OK. This'll give you access to every attachment once you remove the check, so be careful of what you open. This is a new security feature in OE6, and beginning with OE6SP1 it was enabled by default. See 291387 and 329570.

SMBP

Thanks

The file in question is a '.jpg' which is neither script nor active content and thereby not included in the M$ 'Unsafe File List'. The above links do not directly apply, although a portion of 291387 covers this topic previously that was extensively, clearly and successfully resolved by Jefferson in the post to which I referred in the aforementioned reply.

Thanks

JPG should not be on the unsafe list. Does your computer normally hide file extensions from you? If so, maybe there is a third level to the file name that is triggering the security alarm. If so, it would be best to heed it! (The setting to hide the extension, as you may know, is in Windows Explorer under Tools > Folder Options... > View > Hide file extensions for known file types. You'll want to clear that checkbox.)