New Lounger
    Thanks

Program Help internet links don't work (XP Pro - no SR)

I cannot open internet links from program Help menu items. Mostly, nothing happens but one prog gives the error message: "The file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action..." I tried associating IE with Internet Shortcut in Folder Options, but that hasn't worked. I'm not sure when I lost the facility but for a couple of weeks Outlook links did not work. Outlook has just given me the option to associate IE and now works fine, but the prog links still don't. Any ideas?

Philip

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Program Help internet links don't work (XP Pro - no SR)

Philip--

I think you mean internet pages after you do a search on Help and Support or any listed under a topic including KB's. I don't know if you're using a broadband connection or this has any impact on your problem 315955 Help and Support Center Does Not Automatically Connect to the Internet. When you click a link are you getting a "404 Page Not Found" or a similar error?

SMBP

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Program Help internet links don't work (XP Pro - no SR)

Yes, I should have made it clear that these are Internet connections, but I'm talking about the links in program Help menus - sometimes connecting to a visible page (e.g. Technical Support) and sometimes to check for newer items, etc. The links from the Help and Support Center are fine, but none of the prog links work. They all give the error message I set out in my first post.

Philip