Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Textbox Margins & Vertical Scrollbars (A2K/AXP)

While working with form with several large textboxes designed to display contents of memo fields, I noticed if you set any of textbox margins to value other than zero (0), the vertical scrollbar does not appear, although textbox's "Scroll Bars" property is set to Vertical. I found no reference to this issue in Help files or MSKB. Is there any way to set textbox margins to value greater than zero (so that text isn't flush to edge of textbox) and still have vertical scrollbar appear?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Textbox Margins & Vertical Scrollbars (A2K/AXP)

I hadn't noticed this problem before, but I couldn't find any way to stop this happening.
    There is a workaround which is a bit longwinded, ( and you probably know about anyway.)

Make the border style of the textbox transparent, then put a white filled rectangle behind the textbox and extending slightly to the left of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Textbox Margins & Vertical Scrollbars (A2K/AXP)

Thanx for suggestion, I figured I'd have to resort to this type of workaround to get around limitation. Since textbox margin properties were introduced in A2K, I thought maybe they'd have fixed this by now - wishful thinking on my part I guess....