Lounger
    Thanks

Word 'screen' partially missing (2000)

Hi all - I did a search for this but nothing came up. Just recently Word opens with one side of screen 'hiding'. It affects 1/4 inch down the screen either right side or left....usually right. It's nothing to do with my screen settings because all other programs OK. If right side, scrollbar and close button is underneath the office shortcut bar and I have to close via task bar at bottom. If I autohide shortcut bar I can use left side IF I'm super quick and beat the shortcut bar. If left hand side affected I'm stuck because can't access 'file', 'new document', 'normal' buttons & ruler. I work from home using Word 90% of the day so please HELP!!
    Thanks in advance - Kathy

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word 'screen' partially missing (2000)

Hi Katie:
    If your application is in the restored position, you can just resize it by dragging the edges. If it's maximize, try the technique that's described in <post#=222987>post 222987</post#>. However, you'd substitute Word for Quicken.
    Hope this helps,

Thanks

If Phil's method doesn't do it (I didn't follow the link), you can fill the screen with your Word window with this macro:
    <pre>Sub FullScreenRestored()
    With ActiveWindow
    If .WindowState <> wdWindowStateNormal Then .WindowState = wdWindowStateNormal
    .Top = 0
    .Left = 0
    .Height = Application.UsableHeight - 1
    .Width = Application.UsableWidth - 1
    End With
    End Sub</pre>

Hope this helps.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks to you and Jefferson. I CAN'T believe it was something so simple------ ie clicking the restore button. That particular button must have had a little glitch because I'd definitely tried it before and nothing happened - ie it wouldn't go to the usual smaller screen. No idea why it suddenly started playing up or why it kept up through quite a few shutdowns but behaving itself now.
    Thanks again - Katie