Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Pdf file to doc file (2000)

Simple request-I access a website that allows one to fill out a pdf form (application). However, when I save it and re-access it, none of my changes/data appear. Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Pdf file to doc file (2000)

The PDF resides on a on a web page so I am guessing that you don't have write rights on that server while browsing to it. (right on). This is the way it should be as it wouldn't be too good if you completed the file and then saved it so that everyone else who browsed to that page could read your answers.

What is probably happening is that you are saving the forms data (which may be submitted to someone) only and not the PDF itself. When the author created the form, they probably also chose what format to save the completed data. The data file that is created when you save will contain a link to the PDF form that allows you to display both the form and the completed responses.

If you have the full version of Acrobat (not just reader) then you could download the PDF to your hard disk and then open it from there. This will allow you to save both the form and its content as one file.

By the way - this post has nothing at all to do with Word. You might find better answers in other forums.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Thanks

How are you saving the form? If you have a version of Acrobat that allows you to save filled-in form data (e.g., "full" Acrobat, Acrobat Business Tools 4.0, Acrobat Approval 5.0), then the save button on the Acrobat toolbar should save the data.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Andrew,
    The reason I submitted my question in this forum is that I am trying to save the pdf file as a Word document; hence, I thought there may be some shortcut in Word.
    Sorry for your inconvenience.
    Jeff

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If you're looking to convert the PDF document to an MS Word document AND you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat, you might find the message thread following<post#=162368>post 162368</post#> useful.

If you're looking to copy the PDF images into Word so that you can type in the form fields, the thread at <post#=189099>post 189099</post#> may be helpful.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Jeff

I is no inconvenience. I only said that as the topic as written didn't mention using Word and I thought you might get better answers to Acrobat questions from a forum dedicated to Acrobat.

Of course then Jefferson piped in with versions of Acrobat so I guess this forum should lead you to the right answer and that is what really matters.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia