Thread: Device Manager

Lounger
    Thanks

Device Manager

This is a good one,every time I boot up and go to Device Manager,I find that the DMA controller,numeric data processor,programmable interrupt controller,systemCMOS/realtime clock & system speaker have duplicated themselves and are causing a conflict and not working properly,I then dlete the duplicate version and lo and behold the next time I bootup,windows searches and installs the software and duplicates them again,any ideas????

Banned Member
    Thanks

Re: Device Manager

I had a simular problem once and had to make some changes in BIOS setup. One thing you might try 1st is to go into BIOS and select <font color=blue>DEFAULT SETTINGS</font color=blue> , select <font color=blue>Exit and Save Changes</font color=blue> and push <font color=blue> Enter</font color=blue> and then it will boot back up into log on.Then check Device Manager and see if you have the same problems. You can always go back and optimize your settings one at a time later if need be.

Thanks

You can also try deleting BOTH versions of the items that are duplicated and then rebooting to let the system re-recognize the proper ones.
    It worked for me with removing both duplicates.

Bob
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Banned Member
    Thanks

I would try Vikings suggestion 1st , and then if that don't work try the BIOS.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

What operating system? 98? Boot up in safe mode and view hidden devices then delete all that have duplicates and let windows reinstall after reboot.
    To get into safe mode press F8 after the memory run and before you see the windows splash screen.