2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't set reminders in Outlook 2K (SBS 4.5, Outlook2K)

Hi everyone. I have a small busines of 3 people for whom i installed and set up Small Business Server 4.5. Exchange 5.5 working fine. They wanted a shared calender, so i set up one in Public Folders, and they can all set appointments and they can all see all the appointments. So far so good.

The problem comes when anyone wants to set an alarm. Outlook returns the following error message: "The reminder for xyz will not appear because the item is not in your calendar or tasks folder. Is this OK?"

I am presuming it has something to do with Outlook looking in the user's Personal Folders Calendar, and not in the shared Public Folders Calendar.

Can anyone help here????

Many thanks

Peter

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't set reminders in Outlook 2K (SBS 4.5, Outlook2K)

Alarms only work in the primary calendar and task folders. The message is just a heads up to that effect.

You might take a look at using the team folder interface to public folders. (I assume you have IIS running; you need a web server to post the html team folder pages.) The team folder calendar has an interface for copying a posting to the main calendar and/or sending out meeting invitations.