New Lounger
    Thanks

Open multiple jpg at same time (2000 )

When multiple JPGs are attached to a message, a client says that she use to be able to select all of the attachments, right click and choose Open. All of the selected attachments would automatically open. I have turned off the "Confirm open after download" option for JPGs in Explorer's files of type, but it still will not give me the option to open all the selected attachments. Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Open multiple jpg at same time (2000 )

After selecting multiple attachments and right-clicking, does the shortcut menu not show Open, not Open any of them, or open only one of them?

New Lounger
    Thanks

If you select one jpg, you get the option to open when you right mouse click. If you select multiple jpgs, you do not get the option of open when you right mouse click. According to the client, it use to be there.

Thanks

I do have the Open option, so that's pretty mysterious. (I checked with messages containing multiple GIF, PDF and TXT attachments, but I imagine JPG would be the same.) The only thing I can think of is that the toolbars have become corrupted. maybe rename the outcmd.dat file on the troubled machine and restart Outlook. The user will lose toolbar customizations, but hopefully not much else.

New Lounger
    Thanks

No luck. I went into Outlook's Help to see what version we are at "Microsoft Outlook 2000-SR-1 (9.0.0.4527). Any chance that you are at an older or newer version?

Thanks

I'm only a baby step ahead of you on SP2: 9.0.0.5414. (You know what happens if you install that: object model guard, attachment blocking, etc., but I needed it to avoid some printing problems with embedded graphics in HTML messages.)