New Lounger
    Thanks

Access Report -making columns (Access 2000)

I am trying to make a report in Access that will put two columns of names and student numbers on the page. I can get it to duplicate the name twice, but then I end up with two columns of the same names and it uses the same amount of paper. I want it to list the names and numbers down one column and then start again at the top right column and continue with the list (rather than starting over again). I feel like this should be a simple thing to do but I can't find anyone that knows. But then it hit me WOODY'S! I bet they will know! Thank you -Al

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access Report -making columns (Access 2000)

Just put one copy of the name and student number in the detail section, don't duplicate them.

You set columns in the File/Page Setup... dialog, Columns tab. There, you can specify the number of columns, the distance between them, and the print direction (down then right or right then down).

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access Report -making columns (Access 2000)

Thank you. That works wonderful. I would have never thought to look at the page setup dialog box. I was thinking I needed to write some kind of macro or use Crystal reports or something.
    Thank you again.
    Al