New Lounger
    Thanks

Unable to send email after applying SP3 (Office 2000 SP3)

I recently upgraded to Windows XP Pro SP1 and was subsequently able to send and receive e-mail without any problems from four (4) accounts configured on Outlook 2000 SR1a. My Windows XP Pro installation has all of the latest patches and fixes.

A couple of days ago, I applied the Office 2000 Service Pack 3 to my installation (SP2 was never applied per Woody

Thanks

Re: Unable to send email after applying SP3 (Office 2000 SP3)

Before uninstalling/reinstalling, try deleting and recreating the accounts. Sometimes they get botched up in a way that cannot be fixed through the dialogs. (At least, that is what I have read here on this board...)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. I recall using this tactic once before and it worked. I'm using this event as an excuse to install a trial version of Office XP, so I'll post back and let you know if this tip worked.

SG

New Lounger
    Thanks

Update: I was unable to resolve this issue by re-creating each of my e-mail accounts in Outlook 2000. I had subsequently installed a trial edition of Office XP Pro to see if the problem persisted in Outlook 2002. It did, and because you cannot apply any of the service packs to a trial edition of Office XP, I have since reinstalled Office 2000 Pro.

The problem continues with sending e-mail from my accounts via domains that are registered with Register.com. SMTP errors ("connection was suddenly/unexpectedly terminated with the server") are being returned, so I am now working with Register.com to resolve the issue.

Thanks to everyone that looked at and responded to my posts.