New Lounger
    Thanks

= (formula) field error (Word 97/2000 (Spanish))

Hi. This is driving me nuts. I've always been able to use Word's formula (=) field without problems, as in { =2+2}. But now, a field such as the previous example will generate an "invalid character specification" error when I display the field results. I've noticed this tends to happen when installing or upgrading some other Microsoft software on my system, such as Money 2002, which would seem to indicate some kind of DLL screw-up. But I have no idea about how to fix it. Reinstalling Word doesn't help, since -per my DLL theory- the newer file will not be replaced with the older version. What should I do? All other fields seem to go on working fine. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Christian Hess.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: = (formula) field error (Word 97/2000 (Spanish))

Hi Christian:
    Go into your control panel & take a look at your Regional settings/Number tab. See if any of the symbols have changed, especially for the separator & decimal point. You might check the other tabs while you're at it.
    Cheers,

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: = (formula) field error (Word 97/2000 (Spanish))

Phil, I checked, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. Thanks anyway for your suggestion. Christian.