Lounger
    Thanks

Procedure declaration (XP)

I keep getting a "Procedure declaration does not match description of event or procedure having the same name" when I use an onExit procedure with the followind code: Private Sub LastName_Exit(Cancel As Integer) If IsNull(Me.FathersLastName) Then Me.FathersLastName = Me.LastName End If Me.FullName = Me.FirstName + " " + Me.MiddleName + " " + Me.LastName End Sub
    Any suggestions or is this a bug in Visual Basic?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Procedure declaration (XP)

The declaration itself looks OK. Is there any chance that you have another LastName_Exit in the same module or in a general module?

Lounger
    Thanks

I can't find any other onExit references connected to the last name field. I didn't know if my problem was because of this microsoft post:

This article was previously published under Q190079
    SYMPTOMS
    Implementing an interface for a class that has broken compatibility results in the following error during compile time:

Compile Error: Procedure declaration does not match description of event or procedure having the same name
    STATUS
    Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. We are researching this bug and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The knowledge base article you mention is about creating ActiveX DLL's in VB6. It doesn't apply to Access, perhaps unless you have defined a reference to an ActiveX DLL. Otherwise, I wouldn't know. Let's hope others have brighter ideas than I do.

Lounger
    Thanks

I just found a couple of miss-spelled field names that I had not seen before. That seemed to fix the problems, but the fields affected had nothing to do with where they were telling me the error was. Oh well, it works. Thanks for the help!