3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adding Phone # to Calendar (Office XP)

I've set up an appointment in Calendar and want to find a way to add the individual's telephone number from my Contacts list without going to the contact and doing a "Copy|Paste". Is there some way that I can do it?

Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Adding Phone # to Calendar (Office XP)

Option 1: From the contact, choose "New Appointment with Contact" - this will create an appointment item with the contact linked in the Contacts area at the bottom - then with one click you can open their contact record and see the phone number. (Note that "New meeting request to Contact" links them in the same way AND wants to sent the appointment to them.)
    Option 2: Add some custom code so that when you do (1) above, the business phone numebr (for example) becomes a property of the appointment, and hence can be seen immediately on the screen. To do this, catch the New Appointment Item Event and have it fetch this value from the associated contact and put it into a custom field. Customise the form to display the field.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

1. Thank you for your reply.
    2. Option #1 works
    3. I think that in an ideal world, Option #2 would be ideal but, I'm completely lost when it comes to terms like "custom" so I'll stay with Option #1
    Again, thank you for your reply and help.
    Eli

New Lounger
    Thanks

Where to learn how to do the custom code (your option #2). I would like to have the contact's phone# automatically added to either the Subject or Location or Notes field so that it will carry over into my PDA when I synch. Thanks.

Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

You asked for hints, so here they are - feel free to come back for more precise guidance if you need some!

In this thread http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.p...ew=&sb=&o=&vc=1 we are discussing how to catch events. There we catch a new item, and act if the type is email. You probably want to catch any contact item opening (not just new ones), and if it has a phone number add that to some other field (if it isn't already there)... Does this get you started?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes - many thanks