New Lounger
    Thanks

Address/Dist List Search (XP SR2)

We have over 1000 names in our shared address book and around 50 Distribution Lists. When a person retires I need to remove them from the Address Book as well as any distribution list on which they appear. I need a search technique to find any instance of the name. Help, please.

Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Address/Dist List Search (XP SR2)

(1) You can certainly have some code that iterates through all the items, which checks for a particular email address in the item if it is an individual, and checks for the email address in one of the address entries for a distribution list.

(2) Note, however, that when you delete the main item for the person, their entries in the distribution lists automatically become invalid. You can see this by opening a DL and pressing the UPDATE NOW button - this will offer to delete those users whose main item is not there anymore. I can't see how to do this programattically, though. Anyone else know?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Address/Dist List Search (XP SR2)

Thanks, I believe that is true. I just don't know what/where or how to create that code. Any suggestions? Since we use an on-line ASP the solution has to reside on my computer and not on the Exchange Server (which is shared). Thanks.