Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook XP - printing multiple emails on one page (Outlook XP)

In Outlook XP, how can I print the emails I have selected (in the main table view, e.g. 5 emails), with their entire contents, not just the subject line, so that one email follows the other, e.g. no page breaks between emails. There is a grayed out box in the print dialog box that says print each email on a separate page - don't know how to turn that off or is their another way to say print multiple emails per page.?
    Thanks, Doris

Thanks

Re: Outlook XP - printing multiple emails on one page (Outlook XP)

Does this thread describe the situation? Sounds as though the grayed out box is a limitation of having HTML as your default message format (if I read that last post correctly).

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Wow - yes this thread made all the difference - this is my first time using this lounge and appreciate your help so much. But this brings up another question - when I changed to rich text format, I got the print option back, but I could not do print preview - it said that html messages cannot use print preview - does that mean the messages I am trying to print are "written in html" - Is it possible to change that.
    Also, it seems that options change based on your choices under Mail Format: 1. Your default mail format (html, rich text, plain text)
    2. If you check Word as your email editor 3. If you check word to read rich text format. At one point I lost the ability to do signatures - I think when I checked one of these "use Word" boxes. Is there anyplace that shows what features go with each option?? Thanks again. Doris.

Thanks

There might be a chart on that, and if there isn't, it would be a good idea if someone made one up.

I know that in Outlook 2000, using Plain Text as the default format and the Outlook editor (not Word) makes my life fairly simple. Obviously you cannot assign font attributes (size, typeface, bold, italic) to plain text, nor can you use other paragraph formatting (such as centering). If I have a need for one of those things, perhaps a couple times a week, I change the new blank message to HTML format.

Things to keep in mind: some non-Microsoft mail programs cannot properly deal with Rich Text format messages; some older programs (e.g., Outlook 97) don't understand HTML; some servers are configured to convert HTML to plain text; some users view HTML as plain text.

I'll leave to others the interaction of Word with the various formats, but I know that when you use Word as your editor, your signature (among other things) is handled differently.