New Lounger
    Thanks

WinGate Configuration

I have a connection to internet via cable. I have a small net (with 4 PC connected) and I am trying to connect all of them to Internet using WinGate version 3.0.

I have installed this software. When the client is trying to connect it cannot. It displays it is trying to connect to the server via WinGate, but never conects.

Maybe the problem is that in the configuration of TCP/IP in both, server and client, I have not assigned any DNS. If I need to assign one, how can I obtain it? From where?

Thanks a lot

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WinGate Configuration

<hr>...I have not assigned any DNS...<hr>
    Under most circumstances you would get your primary and secondary DNS addresses from your ISP. And you're probably correct that the absence of DNS server (or gateway) numbers may be a problem. I only tried to use Wingate once a few years ago and found it too confusing to setup, for my knowledge level at the time. I tried two or three other software-based methods of sharing the internet connection and finally decided on a cable/dsl router. Even though the prices on these products have come down A LOT from what I paid, the decision was very worthwhile. You might want to think about it.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: WinGate Configuration

I will agree with BigAl on this. Do you self a favor and go to a hardware connection by the way of a local network. Each machine will then connect to the internet independently of any of the other computers.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.