New Lounger
    Thanks

Access 2K won't open in XPhome (2000)

Most basic of questions---Other Office programs (all ver. 2000) work fine but not Access on my XPhome machine. Error message reads "Can't find the database you specified or you didn't specify a database at all". I run Access97 on my laptop just fine. Under properties, my "target" and "start in" are pointed correctly. Should be easy but I'm lost. Would appreciate any ideas.

Ecnav

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access 2K won't open in XPhome (2000)

How are you trying to start Access, from a shortcut, from the program menu, or by double clicking a database file?
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Charlotte, I've tried to open Access from the Office toolbar, from a shortcut I've placed on the desktop, and from Windows Explorer. If I click on a XXXXX.mdb file which, of course, should first open Access, I get no better results. I'll slightly qualify that---Northwinds Trading will open to the first screen and no further. With my level of expertise I think MS Works database will do all I need. Still, if you think of something, I'd appreciate a come back. Thank you.
    Ecnav

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Have you attempted to open Access with no database, and then try to create a new blank one? If you still get the same error message, then it sounds like your Access/Office installation is broken in some respect. Access does use a number of auxilary databases for functions such as the wizards that it provides, and if they are not found, you may get an error message like you receive.
    Wendell