3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Commandbar buttons don't work (Excel 2000\SR 1)

I have a CommandBrr with tool buutons that I created and they work. The strange part is if the Excel Window is sized so that all of the buttons do not show then those buttons in the hidden area do not work, their events do not fire. I can access those hidden buttons of course by selecting the small down carrots which exposes the additoon toolbar buttons. What is the problem. Oh if all of the buttons are showing such as when the Excel window in in full screen mode then they all work.

Thanks

Re: Commandbar buttons don't work (Excel 2000\SR 1)

I don't understand. What events do not fire? I thought that acting on the button triggers an event. If the button is not on the screen I can understand that you can't press them, but you seem to be indicating something else.

Steve

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Since the button is not visible, you can't push it. What events can occur in that case?
    Legare Coleman

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I wish I could explain it better. What I am referring to is when a toolbar has too many buttons on it and to allow the user still access to all of the buttons two greater than sysmbols ">>" will appear in the right on the toolbar which allows access to those extra buttons. This is what occurs on my Excel application when the Excel window that my buttons exist on is sized smaller so that some of my buttons don't have enough room to be shown. When I expose those extra buttons the events via the ">>" symbols those buttons do not fire their events. If my Excel is sized so that those buttons appear on the toolbar then the events fire.

Thanks

What we understand is that when the the sheet is too small some of the button are not on the screen. When they are not on the screen they can NOT be pushed, thus they can NOT trigger a push.

What we don't understand is what EVENTS are you refering to?

Steve

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Do you mean like the attached graphic, where I shrunk the window on an open Excel WB with a custom TB so the "More" >> arrows show? The buttons which have to accessed through the drop-down work for me. Can you post a sample of what you are experiencing?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS