3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

RegClean number ....

REG-CLEAN S8G9Z220030214104359
    I'm fighting a problem in Internet Explorer - I've reinstalled everything in the computer, scandisked, defragged,
    checked scanreg, and still have an intermittent problem with graphics (I've also renewed and upgraded/updated Viper V770D Ultra
    accelerator card driver).
    Can anyone tell me what this number stands for? It still comes up everytime I click on "RegClean" - the little program
    that Microsoft provides. The message that comes up after I run it, is "UNDO" and this long number. I usually delete it,
    but now notice that it is always the same, time after time, so I apparently haven't solved the problem.
    Internet Explorer will crunch graphics (bmps, gifs) into the left upper corner, regardless of the size of the image, then,
    locks up when I try to delete it. Going to Ctrl-Alt-Delete shuts down the computer for a restart.
    Sorry to write a book about this, but I'm really stumped at this point. Hope somebody can help

Banned Member
    Thanks

Re: RegClean number ....

You might try this. It is a free download RegHeal

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Looks interesting. Have you used it before? Do you know how it compares to EasyCleaner & RegistryCleaner (if you're familiar with those utilitites)?
    Thanks,

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

RegClean creates an undo registry file every time it's run. If things are worse after running RegClean, you can double click the file (or right click & choose Merge). The file is given a number that combines your computer name & number, date, & another number.

As far as your IE problem is concerned, you should post it on the IE forum, & perhaps be more specific as to what you're doing & what happens. For example, I don't know what you mean by trying to delete graphics that are on a web page.

Hope this helps.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft stopped supporting RegClean 4.1a some time last year, and removed it from their website. This was because of problems it caused with Office XP, I understand.

There are a number of other Registry Cleaners, such as RegCleaner and CleanReg, and others previously suggested (which can be Googled for), but with something as vital to the operating system as the registry, you can't be too careful...!
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...