3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

pivot item labels (2000)

Hi,

I have a pivot table with a field in the row area which contains dates. I have autosort turned on so that dates appear chronologically.

The problem I have is that I accidentally changed one of the labels (8th July 2002 to be specific) and now I can't 'clear' the new label so that it reverts back to the date. I've tried entering a date value as the label in all kinds of differnt formats including the number 37445 but it keeps on being recognised as text and not a date.

I could just scrap the table and recreate it but it's quite a complicated s/s with VBA that refers to the table, etc. I will do this as a last resort but does anyone know an easier way?

Thanks,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: pivot item labels (2000)

Does the code in <post#=219270>post 219270</post#> by AndrewO get rid of the spurious label? It assumes that your pivot table is the first (or only) pivot table in the active worksheet; modify PivotTables(1) as needed.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: pivot item labels (2000)

I think the problem in that other post is slightly different as I'm not changing the data itself, just the label that is shown in the pivot table.

In the end I decided to drop and recreate the table, which did initially break the sheet, but I had to just go round and fix the holes. I'll just have to remember not be so fat fingered in future when the cursor is near the row items! :-)

Just in case I didn't explain the problem clearly, I've attached an isolated example of what I mean. In this sheet, there is a simple list and a pivot table which is based on the list. I've changed the label for 3 Jan to 'xxx'. The problem is that I can't figure out how to get rid of this label and revert back to the date. I could mimick the date label by typing '03 Jan' but then the Autosort fails to recognise it's correct place in the table.
    Attached Files Attached Files