New Lounger
    Thanks

Offie 2000 Service Pack 3 (Office 2000 Service Pack 3)

I am running Windows 98 and Office 2000 SR 1.
    When I went to the Office Update site I saw the suggestion to upgrade to Office 2000 Service Pack 3. Since it seems like my system is running fine now, before I take the suggestion to upgrade, I would like information on the pros and the cons, and whether the upgrade causes as many problems as it is supposed to fix.
    I obviously missed SR 2 --what was that?
    Thanks.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Offie 2000 Service Pack 3 (Office 2000 Service Pack 3)

if you look at recent WOW's (Woodie's Office Watch - I'm afraid I can't remember which, but you'll find it easily - it's within the last 3 or 4) you'll see that Woodie recommends SR 3. I installed it recently and the only thing I can see is that is pretty tough on emails in Outlook. However, Woodie also explains about that in the same watch.
    It doesn't appear any different at all to me otherwise but I guess I have the hidden security in there that I didn't have before.
    Peter

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Offie 2000 Service Pack 3 (Office 2000 Service Pack 3)

I installed Office 2000 SP 3 a few daze ago, but since I have a multiboot syste, I rarely use Office 2000, ionstead, I use Office XP daily.

One advantage of SP-3 is that it enables one to select which files get blocked by Outlook, so you could choose to receive, e.g., .exe files.

Info on the attachment issue can be found at http://www.slipstick.com

There's also a MSFT KB article, but dag nab it, I cannot seem to find it on my system now, I know I have it!