Silver Lounger
    Thanks

MSDOS Program (XP)

Our management system is a MSDOS Dataflex 2.3b application, residing on our server.

This has been used for many years with Win95, Win98.
    The properties are set up in the shortcut which is on the desktop to open Maximised.

Now with XP, we have a problem, and wondered if any other had a resolution for this.

The program runs in full screen mode but, after a while, the program reverts to a smaller window.
    I'ts as if it has a time out function.

Any idea's ???

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MSDOS Program (XP)

What happens if you click in the screen and press Alt+Enter? Does it go back to full screen?
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I don't know if this will help but I have a DOS PACMAN game and tried staring it with an icon on the desktop and it would not start. I used MY Computer to locate the executable file, clicked on the executable and it runs perfectly.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Perhaps some other program is stealing the DOS application's focus and forcing it in to a windowed state? Isolate this possibility by killing everything you can....or booting in "safe mode."
    -Mark

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Did you use PROGRAM COMPATIBILITY WIZARD under Start | All Programs | Accessories ?

It designed to run old Windows-based programs, but if your DOS-based program runs under Win95, experiment with Win95 environment emulation. When you find appropriate settings, delete old shortcut on your desktop (if it still doesn't work) and create a new one.