Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Locking a view (2000)
2003-02-19, 14:40 #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2003
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Locking a view (2000)
1. Are you aware of any way (VBS code etc) of "locking" a view (i.e. Gnatt Chart) such that a person can not add or hide columns?
In my project file, I have several customized views and tables. The problem is that the template is shared among several people and when they hide a column etc., it effects my excel reports even though the mapping states the need for that hidden field.
I'd like to be able to lock the view such that only specific columns can be shown and no other ones added.
Thanks for any help that you may be able to provide
2003-02-19, 17:15 #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2001
- Frederick, Maryland, USA
- Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Locking a view (2000)
The export map should work whether fields are hidden or not. I suspect something else is happening.
- What version of Project are you running including service packs installed?
- Make sure the export mapping is correct on each machine and using the Global.mpt. (Write the correct mapping to the global.mpt file for everyone to use.)
As to locking the view. The only documentation I could find is for locking the first column. This doesn't mean it can't be done. I am not sure how to write the code that states on the opening of a particular view, don't allow any edits.
I would try to figure out why the export map is not working correctly.
Is the problem only on an export, or are you having problems during an import as well?Regards,
(It's been a while!)