Star Lounger
    Thanks

Updating References (XP)

I've done this before, but disorganized me lost instructions and my memory has something to be desired. I have an Access program which works well on my machine, but not on others because some of the references are missing. I know there is a place to upgrade the references, but I cannot find it. I have updated the user's Office to XP version 2, so they are up to date. I just need to find where the references are updated.

TIA
    Steve

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Updating References (XP)

Go to the Visual Basic Editor and click on Tools|References. To get to the Visual Basic Editor, select any form or report or module in the database window and click View|Code.

I usually get help from this forum but once in a while I know an answer. I hope this helps.
    aap2

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your reply. By your response, I wonder if I didn't explain myself very well in the initial note. I will try to clarify.

In the Access program, I can run the program well, but another user I am trying to set up has a message stating that a some of the references are missing when the program is run - the items do not exist in other's Tools/References lists. (I have items in my Tools/References list that the user does not).

The versions of Access are the same between myself and the user.

In a prior situation, I went out to the internet and downloaded updated references. It is this internet location that I cannot seem to remember which was the intent of the initial post. I apologize if the post came across vague.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The question is whether those references are actually used in the application. If they are, then they have to be on the other machine as well. This is the reason for using Office Developer to distribute apps instead of just copying them from one machine to another. A setup actually includes the necessary files to make the app run. AFAIK there's no such thing as downloading updated references because the references are specific to the machine and the application. Is it possible you're thinking of having downloaded the executable to update the MDAC? Anyhow, without more specific information about what references are missing, it isn't possible to give you anything but wild guesses.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have found what I was looking for. In Microsoft.com/data/ there is an item to download for MDAC 2.7. For some reason, the Access install did not have MDAC 2.7, so references were missing to run the app I created. Once downloaded, all ran fine.

I apologize for my vagueness. My expertise level is not great, which probably affects the clarity of my posts.

Basically, the Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7, Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordset 2.7, and Microsoft ADO Ext 2.7 for DDL and Security were not within the user's tools/references list which caused the app to crash. I couldn't remember where to download the updated MDAC to get the user up to the same level as myself.