New Lounger
    Thanks

Internal Notification not working after XP SP1 (Outlook 2000, SP3)

I have searched high and wide for information pertaining to this problem. I have searched the newsgroups, and left several messages over a couple of weeks. I'm getting desperate...

Server, SBS2000 (Windows 2000, SP3)
    Exchange Server2000 SP3
    Clients all use Windows XP
    Office 2000 - Outlook 2000 SP3

I have updated some clients to XP, SP1 and since then, internal new email notification has stopped working. The envelope icon in the tray doesn't appear, and there is no sound to alert for a new email. UNTIL you click on another Outlook folder (Sent Items, Deleted Items, etc.) Then, all new internal emails are shown as new in the Inbox. This doesn't happen with external emails.

I have discussed it in depth with the SBS2000 community in the newsgroups, and haven't reached any conclusion. I have tried several things to rectify this issue, but so far the only thing that works is to remove XP SP1.

I have applied Q329170 to both the server and the clients, this was supposed to fix this problem (according to Microsoft) but it had no affect on it.

Does anyone have any ideas???

-=A.J.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Internal Notification not working after XP SP1 (Outlook 2000, SP3)

(Edited by Leif to make link live - see the quick guide)

If you are using Network Address Translation (NAT), this is a known issue. See KB Article at
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;304849.
    Hope this helps.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your reply!

I did find this KB Article in my travels, but thought that Office 2000 SP3 would take care of it. I will try the manual registry fixes, though, and see if it helps.

I won't be at this client's office until Wednesday, so I will try it then, and let you know what happens.

If anyone else has any input, please help!!

-=A.J.

New Lounger
    Thanks

OK, I did the manual fix reported in Q304849, and it seems to work, although not 100% of the time. It's still better than nothing, though!

Strange, though because according to Q304849, the fix was included in Office 2000 SP3, which I've applied. Oh, well.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Glad it worked (at least in part). Unfortunately, there is never just one good answer. Pleased to help.