New Lounger
    Thanks

Create an on-call list (Access 2000)

There are times I feel really dumb.

I want to create an on-call list of names and phone numbers from a master table of all personnel. I would like to type in the last name of a person and have the persons first name and telephone number filled in automatically. I can do this for one record with a form and linked sub-form, but cannot get it to work so I can print a list of six (or more) names and telephone numbers on one sheet of paper for posting on the notice board.

Please help. Thank you.

Graham

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Create an on-call list (Access 2000)

Your problem is a bit more complex than you suggest. You have two steps you need to perform - the first is to select the six persons you want to be on call. Then you want to print out the pertinent details for the selected people. I would suggest you do a form which lets you pick 6 people (or more if need be). Then create a report which pulls the pertinent data on the selected people and formats it so it can be readily printed on a piece of paper. You can print forms, but in general the result is not very satisfactory. Actually there is at least one more step. When you want to create the next list, you need to start with everyone not selected, so you need a process to do that. Hope this helps. Post back if anything is confusing.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Create an on-call list (Access 2000)

Thank you, I made it work.