Lounger
    Thanks

Contact form field will not merge (Outlook 2000/2)

My predecessor created an Outlook contact form with the field "owner1". I can get the field to appear in the view in Outlook 2002 (not 2000) but can not get the field to appear in a merge in either version. When that didn't work, I tried to export the fields to a delimited text file in order to do the merge that way but the field is not recognized. The field is not listed in Outlook's predefined lists; it appears in the Form's list of field names. My user needs to do a mass mailing and requires this field. (I tried to insert the Outlook address with "owner1" in Word by altering the AddressLayout autotext, but the field was not recognized there either.) Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Judith

Thanks

Re: Contact form field will not merge (Outlook 2000/2)

According to Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 192258 - OL2000: How to Mail Merge Using Contacts,

<UL>Mail Merging User-defined Fields

If the data you are trying to mail merge is from Outlook user-defined fields, the fields will not be available in Word unless the fields are defined in the Outlook folder. For additional information about how Outlook stores user-defined fields and how to determine if the user-defined fields exist in the folder, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

201438 OL2000: Working With User-defined Fields in Solutions[/list]The linked article looked a bit dense, so I didn't plow through it. Hope this helps.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Contact form field will not merge (Outlook 2000/2)

Thanks. I read through the article once and will make sure the field is in the folder as well as the form. Thanks for your help.
    Judith