Thanks

How do I remove a Command Button (2002)

I've added a Command Button to a worksheet, and gotten it to execute the macro I want.

Now I want to delete it, but I don't remember how to select it. I've tried many ways, and nothing works. I created it in a roundabout way, first putting up the button, then writing the macro, then later attaching the macro to the button.
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How do I remove a Command Button (2002)

If your Button is from the Control Toolbox, you need to select Design Mode from that toolbar (click on the appropriate icon - see image attached). That should enable you select the button and you can just press delete. If you cannot see the Control Toolbox, go to Tools, Customize, seelct Toolbars, and ensure that Control Toolbox is ticked.

If the button is from the Forms toolbar, you need to engage the Select Object (a white arrow) on the Drawing toolbar, which will enable you to select and delete the button.

Andrew C
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In addition to Andrew Cronnolly's reply: if the button was created with the Forms toolbar, you can also select it by clicking it with the right mouse button.

Thanks

Hans,

That's one of the things I tried, and it did NOT work, though I thought it should. I just tried it again, with the same results.

Maybe it's a version problem, or maybe it has something to do with the fact that I created the Command Button before I even recorded the macro that I eventually connected to it.
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you can't select the button by right-clicking it, it is either a button created with the Control Toolbox, or the worksheet is protected - I can't think of another explanation. Check Tools/Protection to see whether the worksheet is protected. If so, turn of the protection and try right-clicking the button again. If not, use the Control Toolbox or Visual Basic toolbar to switch Design Mode on, as suggested by Andrew Cronnolly.

Thanks

Rats! One of the messages I thought I had posted didn't make it to this thread.

My button was definitely created with the Control Toolbox. Thanks to the people in the Lounge, I now know exactly how to deal with it.

Woody strikes again!
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA