2 Star Lounger
    North Carolina USA in winter, Maine in summer
    Thanks

Custom Installation Wizard (10.0.4024)

I am having trouble deleting a profile from my Outlook which was started by my daughter without my permission and which she did not complete. It cannot be deleted in the usual fashion- Tools/Email Accounts, etc. since it does not show up anywhere but the Select Profile dialog box. It appears that the Custom Installation Wizard (OrkTools.exe) from the Office XP Resource Kit/Toolbox/tools might give me what I need but I know absolutely nothing about it. Does anyone out there know about this or can give me more information as to where or not I should download/install that routine? Any help would be much appreciated!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Custom Installation Wizard (10.0.4024)

You can go to the control panel mail icon, or you can right click on the Outlook shortcut on the desktop and choose properties. Click the show profile button. From there you'll see all the profiles your log on has rights to.

Thanks

Go to Control Panel, click on mail icon, select show profiles, then you can select and delete the profile you want.
    Paul Coyle
    Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon

2 Star Lounger
    North Carolina USA in winter, Maine in summer
    Thanks

Thanks greatly to both OldDog and pccoyle!! Couldn't have been simpler and I was trying my best to make it difficult! I am, however, still curious about OrkTools.exe and whether or not it is worthwhile downloading/using.

Thanks again for the help!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I too hate it when I make things harder for myself. There are enough folks around here doing a fine job of that!

Our rollout folks use the installation wizards to prepare setup packages. I've never used this. But they say it's nice because it allows for pre-configuration of both what gets installed and a large number of settings. They also said they will never again try and set up separate installs for the different office products because the end result is unpredictable and not stable. But if you do the whole suite then it seems ok.