New Lounger
    Thanks

design Template (2000 S - R 1)

how can I apply 1 design template to 1 slide without applying to the whole presentation. Using PPT 2000 S - R 1

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: design Template (2000 S - R 1)

How much of the template do you want to get rid of? The design templates control the Masters. A work around is to create the presentation with a design and then on the slides that you don't want the design template - go to format/background and tick the box that says omit background graphics from master and apply it to that slide only. If you go to slide sorter view you can select just the slides you want by holding down the control key. As you probably know you can still change the fonts and formatting of the items on the slide anyway. To change it quickly, go to outline view and use the format painter.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hetty's workaround is one I would recommend. However, just so this is clear. In PPT 2000, you can only use one template per presentation. This doesn't change until PPT 2002 where you can have multiple templates applied to one presentation (and I expect to see some truly ugly presentations as a result).
    Can you tell us more about the effect you want to achieve? Is it variety you are craving? Are you trying to create "sections" within your presentation? We can probably come up with some more suggestions.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

In addition to the recommendations you've already received, I've a number of workarounds for this listed on the multiple masters page of my site. URL's in signature line.