3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

organisation chart wont load (xp on Win 2000)

When logged on as a user the organisation chart won't load - you just get an error message. pressing F1 as suggested merely suggests that you may not have enough memory to load it.

However if you log off as a user and log on as Adminstrator then it loads and "works" perfectly well?

Has anyone any suggestions?

Thanks

Roberta

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: organisation chart wont load (xp on Win 2000)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by WebGenii on 26-Feb-03 10:38. To add hyperlink)</P>I have continued looking - and think I may have found the answer in case of interest - have found kb article on Microsoft 218571 . Needless to say I was unable to find it through Microsoft's search facility - Google meets the challenge once again!!!!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: organisation chart wont load (xp on Win 2000)

Memory issues with Org Chart are usually related to having too many fonts installed. "Too many" is often a relative term, however, the usual sweet spot is to lower the number of fonts to below 500. Sometimes you'll have to go even lower, though. Also, shortcuts in the WindowsFonts folder can cause similar errors in Org chart.

Then again, since logging on as an admin corrects the problem, it could be an issue with permissions. Check the info at http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00236.htm and at http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00023.htm for some things to try.