2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Netscape (printing; upgrading) (Netscape 4.7)

1. I have trouble printing from Netscape. Many pages won't print at all, while on others (for instance, "Print Versions" of NY Times articles) print but with the (underlined) links left out. Is there a way to adjust Netscape for this? (Couldn't find it in "Edit Preferences.")

2. Internet access has slowed to a crawl and Netscape not infrequently crashes.

I have a 200 MHz Pentium MMX with 64 MB of RAM, Windows 98. Would it be suicidal to update to a newer version of Netscape, in the hope of faster access?

KTYorke

Re: Netscape (printing; upgrading) (Netscape 4.7)

As per #2 I'm not a Netscape user but a general suggestion. When was the last time you cleaned out your Cache? This may be slowing you down.
    Also, what kind of internet connection do you have? Are they having problems?
    I'm sure some other Netscape users will come in to make more suggestions, but until then you can try the above.
    have fun

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I have Netscape 4.75. I haven't printed too many pages, but as time goes on, fewer websites are tested to see how they work with older & less popular versions of browsers. I have heard nothing but bad things about version 6. The latest version is supposed to be better. Check both this forum & the one on Software for more opinions.

Expanding on what K.T. said, press Alt+E+E to bring up the Edit/Preferences box. Go to the Advanced/Cache tab & clear History, cache, i.e. everything. Restart Netscape. However, there can be so many things that can affect browsing, this may or may not help. Don't let your cache or history get too large, especially on a 200MH machine, which isn't very fast by today's standards.
    Hope this helps.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am using Netscape 7.01 and like it very much. No problems. It is faster loading, but the connection to the internet that you use and the processor have more to do with the speed than anything else.

You can visit the secnews.netscape.com newsgroup under the windows category and post a question. No point in upgrading to Netscape 6.
    LibbieL