Lounger
    Thanks

Pivot table Wizard error (2000)

When I get to the end of the pivot table wizard, I get an error message that says:

An error occurred while trying to use the Microsoft Excel PivotTable Wizard. Microsoft Excel returned the following error: 'Unable to get the PivotTableWizard property of the workbook class'

Anyone ever gotten this before or know what it might mean??? I am running the pivot table from access, not excel.

Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pivot table Wizard error (2000)

Have you tried a detect and repair on Access? You aren't trying to use the PivotTable wizard with a parameter query are you?
    Charlotte

Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I tried detect and repair and that didn't work. No, I'm not using a parameter query.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Am I correct in assuming that you are using Automation to run the Pivot Table Wizard in Excel? If that's the case, perhaps you could post the code here and one of our loungers could spot something causing your problem. If you aren't doing it that way, then we need an explanation of exactly how you are going about your process. BTW, I presume you are aware that there is full Pivot Table support in Access 2002.
    Wendell