New Lounger
    Thanks

can't change default font (Word 2002 SP-1)

Edited: <!t><!/t> and <!t>.<!/t> tags added around the article number to make the link live. -Mod.

I've followed the instructions in the Microsoft KB article number 291291 but can't get the default font to change in the built-in "Table Normal" style. I'm trying to change it to a Type 1 Courier font, but no matter what I do Table Normal remains Times New Roman, which is not loaded on my PC (Windows XP Pro), Can anyone help? Thanks.

Thanks

Re: can't change default font (Word 2002 SP-1)

Were you able to successfully change the font for Normal style?

Other styles based on Normal may cling to the earlier font, even though you would think this change would percolate down to all of them. If you try to change the Table Normal style directly, what happens?

By the way, Times New Roman should be installed on your computer, unless you removed it. Sure it's not there?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I successfully changed the font for the Normal style. I'm unable to change Table Normal directly because the "modify" button is grayed out. I've removed Times New Roman because we use Type1 fonts exclusively. I appreciate your help.

Thanks

I use Word 2000, so my dialogs might be different than yours. The only style for which my Modify... button is grayed out is Default Paragraph Font. But that doesn't help you...

What is the "Description" for the Table Normal style? By description I mean the text that describes the settings for the style (e.g., Normal + Font: Arial, 16 pt, Bold, Kern at 16 pt, Indent: Left 0.5", Space Before 12 pt after 3 pt, Keep with next, Level 1).