New Lounger
    Thanks

PP 2000 'save as Web Page' and Netscape (2000 SR-1 (9.0.3821))

Someone posted a question similar to mine a year ago, but no one had an answer. Perhaps I'll have better luck...

I'm trying to publish a slideshow as a web page such that it will be viewable from Netscape 4.x as a slide show. I don't want to see the Notes pages or the Outline (the default view in PP for html). I unchecked "Add slide navigation controls" and added action buttons so the viewer can move through the slides, and it works fine with IE 5.5, but NOT AT ALL for Netscape 4.x (even though it claims to support 4.0 and higher browsers) -- the first slide comes up blank in Netscape. I publishing the show for 3.0 browsers and ALL browsers, but I wind up with the outline view plus the notes pages showing -- and the slides themselves are tiny. I've also tried every permutation of the html pages through the MS HTML filter (http://office.microsoft.com/download.../Msohtmf2.aspx), but that didn't help. Any ideas -- I want a full-screen slide show, without notes pages or outline (ideally, NO FRAMES AT ALL)?

TIA.

Robert

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PP 2000 'save as Web Page' and Netscape (2000 SR-1 (9.0.3821))

Look at the suggestions in the PP2000 help system. Type in "netscape web" and choose the page "How do I optimize my Web presentation for Netscape Navigator?" But, it looks like the help is an ad for using IE (I'm as shocked as you are!), but at least you can get a list of the things that will not work. PPTools is probably a better answer to your problems, but I've not tried it and it costs $50. The author, Steve Rindsberg, is a MS MVP, so it should be an excellent product. Looks like there is a free demo, try it and see how good it is. HTH --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'd also recommend Steve Rindsberg's PPT2HTML for what you want to do here, Robert. (Sam gave you the link already.) I can tell you it really is an excellent product. It's probably worth the money just to be able to stop beating your head against that proverbial brick wall!

Also, if I recall correctly, PPT 97 actually gave more control over whether the notes and outline panes showed in the final HTML, but I'm not absolutely sure of that.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you. I tested PPT2HTML and it looks great. I did find a way to get PPT2000 to output full-screen slides for Netscape by setting the screen size to 1152 x 900 (in Tools/Options/General/Web Options/Pictures) and publishing for browsers v 3.0 and up. Choosing a smaller resolution outputs the notes pages and outline. The slides are slightly too big to fit in a browser window, but the information that's below the waterline isn't important (at least, not in the show I'm publishing). However, I have a 17" display running at 1280 x 1024, and it probably looks worse on smaller displays. I'll probably wind up licensing PPT2HTML. Thanks for the tip.