Star Lounger
    Thanks

Downloading the whole SR-1a (2000)

I'm trying to upgrade my Office 2000 installation to SR-1a.
    My ISP kicks me off after two hours, no matter how busy the connection, and I have to reconnect at this time. Unfortunately this makes the SR upgrade stop, and it doesn't resume. I've got Download Accelerator, which ought to allow an interrupted download. Is there any way to download the whole Office Service Release as a single file, and install it once the file is on my desktop?

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Downloading the whole SR-1a (2000)

Hello Andrew,

This update (and the later ones) can be downloaded from the Microsoft Office Download centre, at http://office.microsoft.com/Downloads/default.aspx.

You can download them to your computer and do the installation later - you don't have to install them on-line.

Cheers
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

2 Star Lounger
    the great white north..., Massachusetts, USA
    Thanks

Re: Downloading the whole SR-1a (2000)

i used to have that problem when i had a dial-up ISP (we finally got DSL {wish we had cable access!}just to keep that from happening). i found that the only way to keep the ISP from disconnecting during a download was to make sure that i was with it, doing "page turns." then, and only then (usually), did the download not get disconnected. it was definitely a PITA, though. maybe you could keep an eye out for the time, and when it gets near to "disconnect" time, you could sit with the 'puter, working on your e-mail, or maybe doing some research or whatever, thus tricking the thing into thinking that you're doing something, and make it not disconnect. yes, i know that's confusing reading, but it's the only way i know to 'splain it. i sure hope that you find a way to get your downloads done in time; there's nothing more frustrating than spending all that time on a download, only to have it disconnect just before it's finished. i wish you well.
    smiles-
    ladyleadfoot!!!