2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Error Messages (Windows XP Home )

I keep getting those " has encountered a problem and must be shut down" and asking me to report the problem to Microsoft.
    I am getting a error message when I try to open older Word Documents that I moved to the new computer and new XP...... that has the following details: App Name: winword.exe App Ver 9.0.0.6926 Mod Name vbe6.dll Mod Ver 6.0.89.67 Off set 000 ebeb3.

I'm getting that same kind of "report to Microsoft" error when I try to open documents. That detail says:
    MCS Report has encountered a problem and needs to close. Report Contents: C:document~1ww0928~Locals~1temp WER79.tmp.dir ppappcompat.txt.
    IKerrnal.exe - application error. The instruction at "0x771C741a" referenced memory at "0x001633a8" The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.

This is a new xp install on a new motherboard and processor and involves files I moved over from Windows 98.

Banned Member
    Thanks

Re: Error Messages (Windows XP Home )

Try deleting all temp files.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error Messages (Windows XP Home )

<hr>...referenced memory at "0x001633a8" The memory could not be "read"...<hr>
    Since it's a new-build, you could possibly have a RAM problem - maybe a stick of RAM doesn't like the mainboard or vicy-versy. If there's more than one stick in the machine, you could try a little swapping or removing to see if the errors stop.